Peter Ruminski, M.S.
Center for World Health and Medicine
Translate basic research discoveries and developed leads into viable drug candidates for neglected diseases of the poor, orphan diseases and other unmet medical needs.
Office: DRC, Room 313
Voice: (314) 977-5126
M.S., Washington University in St. Louis
Current goal is to lead the Center's talented and highly skilled pharmaceutical scientists to translate basic research discoveries and developed leads into viable drug candidates for neglected diseases of the poor, orphan diseases and other unmet medical needs. Some of these current targets include anti-secretory agents for the treatment of childhood diarrhea, malaria and other parasitic diseases, sickle cell disease, pulmonary fibrosis, retinopathies and TB.
- Nagarajan SR, Devadas B, Malecha JW, Lu HF, Ruminski PG, Rico JG, Rogers TE, Marrufo LD, Collins JT, Kleine HP, Lantz MK, Zhu J, Green NF, Russell MA, Landis BG, Miller LM, Meyer DM, Duffin TD, Engleman VW, Finn MB, Freeman SK, Griggs DW, Williams ML, Nickols MA, Pegg JA, Shannon KE, Steininger C, Westlin MM, Nickols GA, Keene JL. R-isomers of Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) mimics as potent avb3 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem 2007, 15:3783-3800.
- Shannon KE, Keene JL, Settle SL, Duffin TD, Nickols MA, Westlin M, Schroeter S, Ruminski PG, Griggs DW. Anti-metastatic properties of RGD-peptidomimetic agents S137 and S247. Clin Exp Metastasis 2004, 21:129-138.
- Hippenmeyer PJ, Ruminski PG, Rico JG, Lu HS, Griggs DW. Adenovirus inhibition by peptidomimetic integrin antagonists. Antiviral Res 2002, 55:169-178.
- Carron CP, Meyer DM, Engleman VW, Rico JG, Ruminski PG, Ornberg RL, Westlin WF, Nickols GA. Peptidomimetic antagonists of avb3inhibit bone resorption by inhibiting osteoclast bone resorptive activity, not osteoclast adhesion to b one. J Endocrinol 2000, 165:587-598.
- Carron CP, Meyer DM, Pegg JA, Engleman VW, Nickols MA, Settle SL, Westlin WF, Ruminski PG, Nickols GA. A peptidomimetic antagonist of the integrin avb3 inhibits Leydig cell tumor growth and the development of hypercalcemia of malignancy. Cancer Res 1998, 58:1930-1935.
- Wong NC, Mueller BM, Barbas CF, Ruminski PG, Quaranta V, Lin EC, Smith JW. av Integrins mediate adhesion and migration of breast carcinoma cell lines. Clin Exp Metastasis 1998, 16:50-61.
- Engleman VW, Nickols GA, Ross FP, Horton MA, DGriggs DW, Settle SL, Ruminski PG, Teitelbaum SL. A peptidomimetic antagonist of the avb3 integrin inhibits bone resorption in vitro and prevents osteoporosis in vivo. J Clin Invest 1997, 99:2284-2292.